Life Time Achievement Award
Nominations being accepted by February 28, 2018
This annual award honours a CAPO/ACOP member who, in the opinion of the Awards Committee and the Board of Directors of the association, has made exceptional and enduring career contributions to Psychosocial Oncology.
- This award shall be presented to recognize a Canadian individual who, in the opinion of the Awards Committee and the Board of Directors of the association, has made exceptional and enduring career contributions to Psychosocial Oncology.
- Eligibility is limited to members in good standing of CAPO (for at least 2 years prior to the nomination).
- Nominators do not need to be CAPO members. It is the responsibility of the nominators to obtain permission from the nominee to put their name forward for the award.
- The Lifetime Achievement Award replaces the original CAPO Award of Excellence. The winners of the original CAPO Award of Excellence are ineligible to receive the Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Click her to view the Life Time Achievement Award Terms of Reference.
- Application for the award will consist of a curriculum vitae or resume of the nominee, together with a letter of nomination and one letter of reference from individuals familiar with the nominee’s contributions. The letter of nomination will specifically state why the nominee is deserving of the award by providing evidence for how the individual has, over the course of their career, given exceptional and enduring career contributions to Psychosocial Oncology in the areas of research, education, clinical practice, and/or policy.
- Complete nomination packages must be submitted electronically to the Chair(s) of the Awards Committee (c/o the CAPO office) by no later than February 15, 2018. Submissions should be in PDF format – in one file.
Please submit to:
- Anthony Laycock, Association Manager, CAPO, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nominations and supporting documentation can be submitted in either French or English.
- If no suitable recipients are nominated, no award will be given.
- There is no monetary value to this award.
- Award will be presented at the 2018 CAPO conference, May 30st – June 2nd, in Toronto.
Prior to 2010, this award was called the CAPO Award of Excellence. The prior winners of the CAPO Award of Excellence before the change in the award structure were:
- 2017 – Dr. Joan Bottorff
- 2016 – Gina MacKenzie, MSW
- 2015 – Diane Manii
- 2014 – Not Awarded
- 2013 – Dr. Scott M. Sellick, PhD, C Psych
- 2012 – Dr. Gary Rodin, PhD
- 2011 – Dr. Mary Jane Esplen, PhD
- 2010 – Dr. Harvey Max Chochinov, PhD
- 2009 – Esther Green, RN, MSc (T)
- 2008 – Jill Taylor Brown, M.S.W., R.S.W
- 2007 – Dr. Lesley Degner, PhD
- 2006 – Dr. Zeev Rosberger, PhD
- 2005 – Dr. Barry Bultz, PhD, C Psych
- 2004 – Margaret Fitch, PhD