CAPO Innovation Award
Nominations being accepted by February 15, 2018
The CAPO Innovation Award honours the development of quality improvement and innovative clinical, educational, or organizational initiatives aimed at enhancing the performance of psychosocial cancer care or cancer prevention. Award submissions will be rated based on originality and scope, impact of initiative on processes, impact of initiative on stakeholders, meaningfulness, value for money and sustainability.
- The nominees may be an individual or a team of individuals working within psychosocial cancer care or prevention.
- Eligibility is limited to members in good standing of CAPO (in cases of teams of individuals, at least one team member must be a members in good standing of CAPO).
- Nominator must be a CAPO Member (Regular, Affiliate, Retired) in good standing.
- Application for the award will consist of:
- A confidential letter of nomination from the nominator.
- One letter of support from other individuals to whom the nominee(s) is known, also specifying why the nominee(s) meet(s) the award description above (supporters need not be CAPO members).
- Complete curriculum vitae, with details of specific termination dates of degrees and post-graduate training. In cases of a team nomination, a complete CV of the team lead(s).
- Statement from the nominee(s), not to exceed 500 words, highlighting significant accomplishments in the area of psychosocial oncology (research, clinical or education).
- Complete nomination packages must be submitted electronically to the Chair(s) of the Awards Committee (c/o the CAPO office) by no later than February 15, 2018. Submissions should be in PDF format – in one file.
Please submit to:
- Anthony Laycock, Association Manager, CAPO, email@example.com.
- Nominations and supporting documentation can be submitted in either French or English.
- The Awards Committee will invite members of the CAPO Board (barring those with real or perceived conflicts of interest) to review the nominations and vote for a recipient of the award. In the event of a tie vote, the last three CAPO past presidents, excluding the immediate past president (who are clear of any conflict of interest) will review the tied nominations and vote amongst themselves to select a winner.
- There is no monetary value to this award.
- Award will be presented at the 2018 CAPO conference, May 30st – June 2nd, in Toronto.
Previous Innovation Award recipients:
- 2016 Recipient: Dr. Carole Mayer, RSW, PhD